– A temperate grassland is characterized by a rich mix of grasses & under laid by some of the world’s most fertile soils.
– Temperate grasslands obtain hot summers & cold winters with infrequent fires.
– Dominant plants include; lush, perennial grasses & herbs; most are resistant to drought, fire, & cold.
– Temp Grasslands spread out through central Asia, North America, Australia, central Europe, and South America.
– Periodic fires & heavy grazing by large herbivores manage the characteristic plant community in a temperate grassland.