– Temperate forests contain a mixture of deciduous & coniferous trees.
– Temperate forests are located around the eastern United States,, southeastern Canada, most of Europe, & parts of; Japan, China, & Australia.
– Temp forests have cold to moderate winters; warm summers; year-round precipitation; & fertile soils.
– Broadleaf deciduous trees; some conifers; flowering shrubs;herbs; & a ground layer of mosses flourish in temperate forests.
– These forests have cold winters that halt plant growth for several months.